April – Jan Doyle
THE WARRIOR SPIRIT AWARD FOR APRIL GOES TO THE “STEP MACHINE” – Jan Doyle!
Jan’s current exercise/activity routine consists of:
- Back exercises in the morning to alleviate stiffness
- 1 hour walk after morning medication
- After the walk Jan runs through her PD Warrior exercises which include a combination of core exercises, 10 week challenge exercises and the new online group classes.
- Jan also likes to spend time gardening which she finds to be good exercise for the body and mind.
- Jan plays Mahjong with her friends weekly which again provides her with great enjoyment and a mental workout.
- Prior to Covid restrictions Jan was also attending gym classes and yoga 3 days a week.
Here’s what Jan had to say about her experience with PD Warrior:
“PD Warrior is a very important part of my life – both the exercises and the Tribe 365 messages. I was diagnosed with Parkinson’s in 2010. I looked into what exercise classes were available for PD and found that there was nothing on the Gold Coast which is where I live. In about 2014 I was told of a PD Warrior practitioner in northern NSW who came to Tweed Heads each week so I did about 5 sessions with him which got me inspired to keep doing them on my own.
When I learned about Tribe 365 it was just the right time for me to step up, then I did the 10 Week Challenge last year and realised the way I was doing the core exercises wasn’t pushing me enough.
My Parkinson’s hasn’t changed much over the years and I like to think that the exercises have played a part in that.
My goal is just to stay active and healthy and continue to travel. I certainly believe that the exercises I do have been a huge benefit and I actually love doing them. The only thing I can’t exercise for is my sleep pattern – a good 7 or 8 hours of sleep would be great!”
Inspirational stuff Jan! Congratulations!