Welcome to PD Warrior and the Online 10 Week Challenge!
This week is WEEK 0 – Prep week.
This week is is possibly the most important in the challenge. We want to make sure you are set up safely and properly for success and to and tailor the program to you as best possible. There is a lot to do and prep-week is designed so you can get organised and ready to start your 10 week challenge. Each week, new content will be released. Work your way through each day and be sure to reach out if you have any questions. Here are a few things you need to know to get started.
- Private Group – There is a private 10 Week Challenge group here on the tribe platform to help answer any questions you might have and connect you with others doing the 10 Week Challenge. Please make sure to sign up and come and say hello! Click here to join.
- Education – This week there are three videos to cover off. The Introduction video will give you the overview and the Equipment and Tailoring videos will go into greater detail. Each week after that, there will be a short video providing you with more education about the program and how to get the most out of it!
- Exercise – Next week you will start the exercise component. Each week will build on the week before. Focus on accurate, crisp movements and always make sure you are set up safely to avoid injury and falls – ask for help or book a coaching session if you are unsure how to do this. In addition to doing the weekly exercise video three times a week, we recommend you spend up to 30 minutes going through the core exercises (or other ones that you find challenging) on the other days. More instructions about this will be in the daily posts.
- Core Exercises – You might want to watch and familiarise yourself with our 10 core neuro-active exercises this week. The core exercises form the basis of your daily homework and are incorporated into the program from week one. We recommend you build up to four of these exercises each day. Try building up to 5 repetitions of each exercise and 3 sets (both sides as needed). You will find these in the Exercise section or left menu bar of the Tribe platform
- Emails – you will get an accountability email each week. Please check your junk folder too to make sure that you are getting them all. These are just extra little reminders to help you stay on track.
- Assessment – one of your tasks this week will be to complete the self-assessment so that you have a baseline set of measures. We will review these measures again at the end of the 10 Week Challenge to see how you have changed and hopefully improved so be sure to download your own version and save it for later
This is a pretty busy week for you and I want the best for you out of this program, so please spend this week preparing for the 10 week challenge! If you have any questions, please ask them in the private 10 Week Challenge group.
To do your exercise program, you will need to login here each time to access the video. You will get a new video each week so you have plenty of time to get each exercise right.
To your success!
Founder and Owner